Sunday, January 31, 2010

Travel

WOW! What a great trip back to SW Washington last week. I started off by delivering five dozen Texas kolaches to friends and family that had e-mailed in orders. Did I see family? Yep! I got to spend time with daughter Amanda, son-in-law Marc and my two grand-kids, Ashley & Kyle. We had a nice Hawaiian charbroil dinner and son Toby joined us. I also got to watch Kyle shoot league target shooting – maybe the Jr. Olympics are in our future! Also had breakfast with my sister Brenda and lunch with my brother Brad and our buddy Jim Hill. Stopped by and visited with brother-in-law Andy Beseda and visited Donna’s parents John & Helen. And I also had coffee with sister-in-law Pati. I also spent two nights with sister-in-law Karen and brother-in-law Kenny. Thanks for hosting me for two nights! And I had a short visit with niece Kelsey and her mom Cathy. Whew! I’m tired already and haven’t even got around to mentioning friends and co-workers from Clark County! Too many friends to mention here but have to acknowledge Josh, Megan & Peyton for graciously hosting me two nights in their home too! And how could I forget Candace, Colleen, Vicki, Marci, Shelli, Nyla and my two ‘smack’ talking cribbage buddies Gerry Adolfson (and Margie) & Lance (and Kim) Benson. Gerry recently had shoulder surgery and said he would kick my ass one handed! I beat him three out of three, and beat Lance 2 out of 3. And then there was the Steigman family and can’t forget Vicki Dollar-Croman. I hadn’t seen her for 42 years! And I stopped by to see high school class-mates Stew Willis & Bruce Barker. Thanks to Pat & Mary McDonnell for the adult beverage, and finally thanks to Greg Jellison for the visit; Kay Hust for lunch; and to Charley Masco for setting up a get-to-gether with past County co-workers. I had amazing meals at Prairie Bar & Grill, Pal’s Shanty, Tommy O’s, Hula Boy’s, Gustav’s, Biscuits, Nick’s, and fish tacos in Tillamook, Oregon. The high-light of the trip just might have been having coffee with Traci in the old Battle Ground Sacred Heart church, now a coffee house – in the very spot I took my wedding vows 39 years ago! Can’t wait to get back in March! I had to come back to Texas and go back to work to rest up! Laugh!


No comments:

Howdy family and friends! As suggested by one of our Facebook friends, we are gonna try the ‘blog thing’ again. If you visit our past bl...