Saturday, February 20, 2010

Texas Living!

WOW! Another interesting customer service story this morning! Those of you who know me - know that I love giving and receiving good retail or public service. The customer may not always be right, but the customer is still the customer. I work for a company that demands giving ‘great’ service and works hard towards that goal. Market Street in Allen, Texas is one of six stores in the Dallas area. Donna and I shop at the Kroger’s grocery chain a few times each month, mostly for their specials so we can get our gas discount each month. So this morning I stop by the best Kroger store in the area to order 20 lbs. of salmon for smoking later this month. I walked by eight Kroger employees during my trip through the store who never said a word to me, not one “good morning, bite me”, not a word! Of the eight, I said good morning to four, and got a greeting back from two. I shop for a few items other than my fish and approach the cashier who is not doing anything but waiting my arrival. Not a word is spoken until I request some change back with my ATM card. And she says your $40 request is going to take all my money in the cash drawer. She hands me 8 five dollar bills and says, “There you go”! As I’m leaving the store, the Kroger employee at the self-service registers says a token, “Have a nice day”! So I stop and say, “You are the first one to acknowledge my presence this morning out of eight employees, I’m gonna start shopping at Market Street where they appreciate their customers”. And he says, “I hear that a lot”. Well, duh! And BTW – no one at the meat counter would take my order for $120.00 of fish because seafood doesn’t have an employee until 9 a.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

Howdy family and friends! As suggested by one of our Facebook friends, we are gonna try the ‘blog thing’ again. If you visit our past bl...