Thursday, September 13, 2007

TEXAS LIVING!

I don’t know about you, but I like reading the newspaper. I read the Dallas Morning News every morning, and love it! Best sports page I’ve seen. Donna and I also subscribe to the weekly Battle Ground Reflector and the Gringo Gazette with all the current Southern Baja news. I also read the Columbian and Oregonian on the Internet to keep up with all the local news! Plus a few more as I find the time! WAL-MART - Anyway I thought I’d comment about an article in today’s paper. Wal-Mart is working hard to change their image. They have a new slogan to replace “Always Low Prices”. Now they are using “Save Money, Live Better”! You go Wal-Mart! Donna and I don’t necessarily love ‘em or shop ‘em exclusively, but we do like the local Wal-Mart Neighborhood Grocery Store. We also get some of our prescription drugs there, the generic ones, as they are cheaper than using Kaiser Permanente. And that’s another story! And speaking of Wal-Mart, when Missy and I were on our Texas to Nebraska road trip last month via Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri, we saw a Wal-Mart on every corner it seemed. Reminded me of the NW where there is a Starbucks on every corner, or Texas, with a BBQ joint on every corner. Well anyway, we’ll continue to occasionally shop Wal-Mart, whatever their slogan. CABELA’S - Also in today’s paper was the Fall Hunting advertisement for Cabela’s. Now we’re talking, huh Marc? My very favorite son-in-law loves Cabela’s. He can hardly wait for the new store in the Olympia area to open up. Today’s Cabela’s ad had a few interesting items. Now keep in mind I’m not a hunter, unlike Marc, my son Toby and all of Donna’s brothers. Here’s a sampling of a few advertised items: Hoochie Mama Elk Call; Grunt-Snort-Wheeze Call kit; and a Digital Game Feeder Kit. Are these Texas items only? I know the game feeder is, because my family would never think that that is really hunting if you have to feed the animals to get them to come near you for a shot. In Texas they should just call it, ‘shooting’. My family hunts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc said to pass along that he has the Hoochie Mama elk call and it is awesome! ha ha ha

Casa De Cross @ Cribbage Flat Southwest said...

As I read thru the Cabela's ad, I had already figured Marc had everything that was listed! LOL

Cameo said...

Oh, I gotta comment on Wal Mart. Since my husband is in the union, we boycott Wal Mart as they are soooo anti-union. But my parents still go, shhh, don't tell my in-laws!

Howdy family and friends! As suggested by one of our Facebook friends, we are gonna try the ‘blog thing’ again. If you visit our past bl...