Saturday, January 31, 2009

Texas Living!

Yea! Yea! I know, I haven’t posted in awhile. Some days are just too busy, and some days, I don’t have anything to say or post. Anyway, I think I’ve said it before, and I’ll mention it again. My blog, my rules. WOW! Here it is again, already – Super Bowl weekend. I’m just hoping for a good game myself. I’d like to see Arizona win just so a ‘gray-beard’ gets another ring; because Arizona has not been there; and because they are the under-dog. At work we created a score sheet where vendors and employees could mark who they thought would win. It started out with Arizona 2 – 1, then went to Pittsburgh being favored 2 – 1, and as of yesterday, it was Arizona as the favorite again, about 34 – 25. Most want Arizona because the Steelers, the 49’ers and the Cowboys all have 5 Super Bowl rings each. The die-hard Cowboys fans don’t want Pittsburgh to have more rings than the beloved Cowboys. It’s all pretty interesting. Speaking of the Cowboys, the big news here is the Cowboy Star in the center of the field is being rolled up at the old Cowboy stadium. Must be a slow day for quality news! Today’s paper also says, Americans will eat a billion chicken wings tomorrow during the game. Holy ^&*%$#, that’s a lot of dead chickens! So, speaking of poultry, GO CARDINALS! And how about this? Collin County commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday to stop paying for lap-band weight-loss surgery for county employees. And how about these past benefits for County employees here in Collin County? According to a recent Dallas Morning News article, Collin County officials end coverage for lap-band procedure! “About 150 workers have had the procedure since 2002 at a cost of more than $3 million to taxpayers. Commissioners began covering the surgery in hopes of reducing medical costs associated with obesity. But commissioners said the lap-band procedure, which costs up to $30,000, couldn't be justified in tight economic times.” Yep! I feel better knowing I helped subsidize this kind of benefit for County employees. NOT!

No comments:

Howdy family and friends! As suggested by one of our Facebook friends, we are gonna try the ‘blog thing’ again. If you visit our past bl...