Sunday, August 16, 2009

TRAVEL!

Decisions! Decisions! This posting could be labeled Family, Travel or Cribbage I suppose! Most of my Cribbage Flat postings are under one of these blog labels on my site, or under Texas Living. My recent trip to Battle Ground, Washington really falls under all of 'em I guess. I was busy for a week visiting family, friends and old co-workers from both Clark County and the City of Portland. Go-go-go! I attended Kevin Strickland’s wedding, played in Gerry Adolfson’s cribbage tournament, attended the annual Clark County Fair and had a loganberry milkshake at the Dairy Wives booth, walked through the Vancouver Farmer’s Market in search of Huckleberry jam, and visited my old office on 78th Street. I had the famous steamer clams at Pal’s Shanty in Portland, ate a double cheeseburger at Burgerville with extra spread and tomatoes, ate a Prairie burger at Prairie Bar & Grill, and had an Oregon burrito and a horchata at Muchas Gracious. I had BBQ short ribs at Toby & Jocelyn’s; pizza with the Moore’s, Pillette’s, Trent’s and Josh & Megan; sushi with best friend Candace; coffee with Karen Fix; and breakfast and a beer (not at the same time) with Pat McDonnell and son Shawn. I had a nice dinner and family photos with my brother Brad & his wife Shannon, and my sister Brenda and the nieces Kayce’ & Rheanna and great niece Makayla on Sunday evening. Visited Donna’s dad J-B and step-mother Helen, Donna’s brother Nin & sister-in-law Pati, and visited with Donna’s brother Doug & sister-in-law Cathie at PB & G, and stopped by Donna’s sister Karen & brother-in-law Kenny’s to see their new patio and backyard improvements. My apologies to all those I didn’t mention. My regrets? I didn’t make it to Island CafĂ© for a cold beer, and didn’t get to see friend Bruce Bosch this trip, or Bill & Jackie Miller. Special thanks to 3rd son Josh, Megan and Peyton for graciously allowing me to sleep over.

No comments:

Howdy family and friends! As suggested by one of our Facebook friends, we are gonna try the ‘blog thing’ again. If you visit our past bl...