Monday, February 9, 2009

TEXAS LIVING!

Young Chuck from Texas bought a horse from a rancher for $100. The rancher agreed to deliver the horse the next day. The next day he drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news . . . the horse died." Chuck replied, "Well, then just give me my money back." The rancher said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already." Chuck said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse." The rancher asked, "What ya gonna do with him?" Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off." The rancher said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!" Chuck said, "Sure I can, Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead." A month later, the rancher met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse?" Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a profit of $998." The rancher said, "Didn't anyone complain?" Chuck said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back." Chuck grew up and now works for the government. He was the one who figured out how to "bail us out". Thanks Jan Goble!

2 comments:

Al and Yevette said...

Bruce,
As usual I love reading your blog. This is a funny one, at first I thougth to send it to my brother but thought he'd probably get in trouble if he tried doing it as well. He doesn't work for the government.
Thanks,
Yevette

Texasgobles said...

Thanks, Bruce!

Howdy family and friends! As suggested by one of our Facebook friends, we are gonna try the ‘blog thing’ again. If you visit our past bl...